11/04/2020 12:12 #8335Jennifer Rench
by Christopher Marlowe
- Places: Germany
- Publisher: Dover Publications
- Format: paperback, 64 pages
- Author: Christopher Marlowe
- Genres: classics, plays, drama, fiction, fantasy, school, literature, theatre, horror, poetry
- ISBN: 9780486282084 (0486282082)
- Characters: Doctor Faustus, Mephostophilis
- Language: english
- Release date: October 20, 1994
About The Book
The Tragical History of the Life and Death of Doctor Faustus, commonly referred to simply as Doctor Faustus, is an Elizabethan tragedy by Christopher Marlowe, based on German stories about the title character Faust, that was first performed sometime between 1588 and Marlowe’s death in 1593. Two different versions of the play were published in the Jacobean era, several years later. The powerful effect of early productions of the play is indicated by the legends that quickly accrued around them — that actual devils once appeared on the stage during a performance, “to the great amazement of both the actors and spectators”, a sight that was said to have driven some spectators mad.
FictionBook book Dr. Faustus by Christopher Marlowe buy cheap. PDF Dr. Faustus read on reader on Powells. MP3 ebook Dr. Faustus for iOS on Books-a-Million. Paperback book Dr. Faustus Christopher Marlowe download.