11/11/2020 08:50 #9819Virginia Battishil
The First Man
by Albert Camus, David Hapgood
- Release date: March 1, 1996
- Author: Albert Camus, David Hapgood
- Format: paperback, 359 pages
- Publisher: Thorndike Press
- Genres: fiction, philosophy, france, classics, literature, novels, algeria, africa
- Language: english
- Places: Algeria
- ISBN: 9780783816012 (0783816014)
About The Book
The unfinished manuscript of The First Man was discovered in the wreckage of a car accident in which Camus died in 1960. Although it was not published for over thirty years, it was an instant bestseller when it finally appeared in 1994. The ‘first man’ is Jacques Cormery, whose poverty-stricken childhood in Algiers is made bearable by his love for his silent and illiterate mother, and by the teacher who transforms his view of the world. The most autobiographical of Camus’s novels, it gives profound insights into his life, and the powerful themes underlying his work.
Hardback ebook The First Man download for iPhone. MOBI The First Man by Albert Camus on Powells. FB2 book The First Man Albert Camus read PC on Audible. Hardcover book The First Man buy. Paperback ebook The First Man buy cheap on IndieBound.