11/07/2020 18:15 #9007Apostle Wade
Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Each Other
by Sherry Turkle
- Author: Sherry Turkle
- Genres: technology, psychology, sociology, science, cultural, relationships, society, philosophy, education
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9780465010219 (0465010210)
- Release date: January 11, 2011
- Awards: Julia Ward Howe Prize Nominee (2012), Openbook好書獎 for 年度好書．翻譯書 (2017)
- Publisher: Basic Books
- Format: hardcover, 360 pages
About The Book
Consider Facebook — it’s human contact, only easier to engage with and easier to avoid. Developing technology promises closeness. Sometimes it delivers, but much of our modern life leaves us less connected with people and more connected to simulations of them.
In Alone Together, MIT technology and society professor Sherry Turkle explores the power of our new tools and toys to dramatically alter our social lives. It’s a nuanced exploration of what we are looking for — and sacrificing — in a world of electronic companions and social networking tools, and an argument that, despite the hand-waving of today’s self-described prophets of the future, it will be the next generation who will chart the path between isolation and connectivity.
FictionBook Alone Together. Online ebook Alone Together Sherry Turkle buy for Mac on Powells. EPUB book Alone Together download iPhone on Walmart.